- 2 T. olive oil
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 large onion, chopped
- 2 T. chopped garlic
- 1 (1.25 oz.) pack chili seasoning mix
- 1 14.5 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1 c. chicken broth
- 1 chipolte pepper in adobo, chopped
- 1 T. adobo sauce
- 1 14.5-15 oz. black beans rinsed and drained
- Toppings cheese, avocado, sour cream
- Heat oil over medium heat
- Add turkey and salt and cook turkey until it is no longer pink.
- Push meat to side and add onion and garlic.
- Saute 3 minutes.
- Add chili seasoning and cook 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes, broth, chipolte pepper and 1 T. of adobo sauce.
- Bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes.
- Add beans. Cook 5 minutes or until heated through.
Yield: 6 cups