- 3 cups buttermilk baking mix
- 1 cup milk
- 1 lb. hot venison pan sausage
- 3/4 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Brown venison sausage in skillet until pink disappears.
- Stir sausage, baking mix, cheese and milk altogether until mixed.
- Spoon batter out on floured board. Roll out to 1/2″ thick, cut with biscuit cutter (or juice glass inverted and dipped in flour) to make 2″ biscuits.
- Place on greased baking sheet, or use parchment paper on baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes.
- “Paint” tops of biscuits with melted butter, while warm. Serve immediately.